We are committed to protecting your privacy and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sirena collects the following types of personal information where it is reasonably necessary for our business purposes:
- email address
- telephone number
- where you apply for employment with Sirena, information which may be contained in a resume and which may be recorded during any interview or pre-employment checking
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you. However, in certain circumstances, we may ask that you provide us with certain health information (such as when you contact our consumer information service or apply for employment with us).
You may notify us that you wish to deal with us by not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym. However, if we are not able to collect personal information about you we may not be able to provide you with the products, services, information or assistance you require.
HOW SIRENA COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- when you contact our consumer information services via telephone or our contact us web page
- when you sign up to receive our newsletter or other marketing materials
- when you enter a promotion
- when you apply for employment with us and during the recruitment process
- when you conduct business with us
- when you provide your information to our staff
- when you supply goods and/or services to us
- when you enter your recipe through our website
We may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources (such as the internet) and from third parties (such as your referees provided during the recruitment process if you apply for a job with us).
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION & USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- to conduct business with you
- to respond to your query submitted via our consumer information service
- to process your entry into a promotion
- to consider your application for employment
- to send you marketing materials (but only where you have consented to receive those marketing materials or where we are permitted to do so by law)
- for any other purpose that was communicated to you at the time of collection
Any additional purpose for the collection of personal information (not set out in this policy) will be identified at the time that we collect personal information from you, or as soon as practicable afterwards.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with one or more of the purposes outlined above.
In particular, we may disclose your personal information to any one or more of the following third parties:
- any third parties to whom you have directed us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
- our related companies;
- our contractors (such as mailing houses, prize providers, marketing agencies, insurance providers, website and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers) and others persons who provide services to us;
- companies who may use your personal information in order to tailor electronic advertising to you (e.g. on a webpage) in relation to our products and services;
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers;
- in the event that our assets are or may be acquired by a third party, to that third party and their advisors;
- in certain circumstances, third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
STORAGE & SECURITY
We may store personal information on computer databases and/or in hard copy, and will employ reasonable commercial physical and electronic security measures to protect any records which contain your personal information.
We may also engage third party service providers to assist in storing and processing certain types of personal information for us. Some of these service providers may be located overseas, or use facilities located overseas to provide us with services.
We will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information that we hold about you secure from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure as required by the privacy legislation.
However, except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of law, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
You can contact us if:
- you want to access or correct any personal information that we hold about you
- you want to unsubscribe from our marketing database
- you think that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and you want to make a complaint
We can be contacted about privacy issues by email sent to [email@example.com] Alternatively, you can write to us at Sirena Distribution, Level 8, 170 Queen St, Melbourne 3000.
When contacting us, please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your query, issue or complaint
Please note that:
- Your complaints are will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with the privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- If you require access to the personal information that we hold about you, we may charge a fee for providing access to this information and we may refuse access where the privacy legislation allows us to do so.